[Milton-L] Milton's Satan, live

Duran, Angelica A duran0 at purdue.edu
Thu Feb 12 12:53:23 EST 2015

Dear scholars,

My German Department colleague shared the following webpage that shows some gestures to accompany one of the PL Satan speeches
http://publicdomainreview.org/collections/speech-of-satan-to-his-legions-with-gestures/

It reminds me of early modern French stage acting handbooks that I remember being exposed to in a World Lit course I took. I might have my Autumn 2015 undergrad “Milton” course students perform it. Tell me if you have them do it this semesters, and pass on any pointers. I did it in my office: very fun.

--
Adios,
Angelica Duran

<duran0 at purdue.edu<mailto:duran0 at purdue.edu>>