[Milton-L] public speaking

Benjamin Moran bamoran at crimson.ua.edu
Thu Feb 12 01:48:56 EST 2015

Dan Shore claims that we have no proof of Milton delivering a
post-Cambridge speech of any kind (*Milton and the Art of Rhetoric* 106). I
can't recall anything from Campbell/Corns that contradicts that, either.

Best,
Ben Moran

On Wed, Feb 11, 2015 at 3:29 PM, John Hale <john.hale at otago.ac.nz> wrote:

>  Is Milton known to have made any public speeches, once he had finished
> with the disputations as a student at Cambridge, and had then not become a
> preaching C of E minister? (By "public speeches" I mean speeches on public
> topics, such as he discussed voluminously in writing; or more widely any
> deliverance made in public.

Ben Moran

MA Candidate
The Hudson Strode Program in Renaissance Studies
Department of English
University of Alabama
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0244