[Milton-L] Eve and Serpent

J. Michael Gillum mgillum at ret.unca.edu
Fri Oct 17 09:57:41 EDT 2014

Regarding Jeffery's blog topic, "telling a story" = "lying" in some
dialects, Boccaccio found it necessary to argue that the writer of fiction
cannot lie because he doesn't pretend to tell historical truth. Does Milton
have anything to say about fictionality? Is there a good article about the
reception of the more obviously fictive parts of PL?