[Milton-L] "Millions of flaming swords"

Dario Rivarossa dario.rivarossa at gmail.com
Fri May 16 00:45:58 EDT 2014

Dear friends and scholars

going on with the translation of selected passages from Torquato
Tasso's long poem "Gerusalemme Conquistata," I came across some verses
that may have been the source of a passage in Paradise Lost; a PL
passage not among the most famous ones, as far as I know, but it
fascinated me from the beginning. There it is:
http://tassonomia.blogspot.it/2014/05/rebel-with-cause-6.html

N.B. Meanwhile the _other_ Tasso job is going on too, i.e. the first
complete and most careful English version (in modern times, at least)
of his Milton-inspiring long poem "Il Mondo Creato" for International
Authors. Yours Truly has just completed the first half of Day Five
(out of Seven, obviously), while Prof. Salwa Khoddam is nearly
finished with her painstaking and superb editing of Day Three, and
Prof. Carter Kaplan has already keenly rechecked the first two
Days/Cantos for the definitive text.
Bye!

il Tassista / the Tasso Driver
http://tassonomia.blogspot.it