[Milton-L] A possible allusion to PL?

Miklós Péti peti_miklos at hotmail.com
Wed May 7 16:54:14 EDT 2014

Dear All,

A couple of days ago I heard on the radio the song ‘Under the Westway’ by  Blur (apparently, their last song, as I’ve found out since): the last but one stanza features the line ‘Paradise’s not lost, it’s in you’. If we take this as an allusion to PL—and at present I can see no reason why we couldn’t—it seems quite intriguing; for me at least this is the first time that I came across the theme of the ‘Paradise within’ in contemporary popular culture.

All the best,

Miklos Peti