[Milton-L] Christopher Rouse "Requiem"

Uzakova, Oydin Yashinova oydin.uzakova at okstate.edu
Tue May 6 12:50:10 EDT 2014

Perhaps Milton's elegy Lycidas is a good candidate for this series as well, especially considering these concluding observations of the reviewer: "The predominant mood of Mr. Rouse's 'Requiem' is one of uncomprehending grief and fury almost as if, bereft of faith, it were mourning the death of consolation itself."