[Milton-L] Joan Didion 'remembers' Paradise Lost . . .

Matthew Jordan matthewjorda at gmail.com
Thu Jan 30 16:15:55 EST 2014

I recently read Mary McCarthy's two brilliant LRB essays, fron 1980 or so,
on "Ideas and the Novel," or something (James, Dostoevsky...). Also,
distracted by a change of flat (appartment) from more serious thought, I
have been pondering my own intellectual mode or sensibility. Accordingly,
in a phrase I have intended for some years brazenly to employ, this "speaks
to me."