[Milton-L] Dating Sonnet 19

Hannibal Hamlin hamlin.hannibal at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 08:20:56 EST 2014

Thanks, Greg. I was sure it must be somewhere, and of course, John, I
should have remembered the rest of the Psalm verse (though it doesn't seem
to be quoted in some arguments about dating). Does anyone, then, still
argue for an earlier dating of the sonnet, or is there a consensus for
post-blindness? Goldberg's essay is intriguing, and I recognize in myself a
desire to make the biographical connection despite absolutely conclusive
evidence.

Hannibal

hamlin.hannibal at gmail.com