[Milton-L] Norvegers

J. Michael Gillum mgillum at ret.unca.edu
Fri Jan 17 13:00:35 EST 2014

I might add that what unites the two references is not just Norway, it is
Milton's evident practical interest in commerce, how stuff works, where
stuff comes from, and other aspects of material existence. So the first
thing Adam does after making up with Eve and facing life in the fallen
world is to invent fire. This side of Milton balances nicely against Milton
the polymath intellectual, the classicist, the theologian, etc,