[Milton-L] Norvegers

Michael Gillum mgillum at unca.edu
Fri Jan 17 10:55:06 EST 2014

The simple answer to why the whale is in Norway foam is that northern
Norwegian waters around the island of Spitsbergen (not the Baltic) were the
primary European hunting grounds for whales. British whalers and others
operated there during the seventeenth century.

http://www.spitsbergen-svalbard.com/spitsbergen-information/history/17th-century-whaling.html