[Milton-L] Norvegers

JD Fleming jfleming at sfu.ca
Thu Jan 16 15:11:24 EST 2014

Dear all--here is a simple question that, perhaps, has been answered more than once. But those answers lie buried in dusty books; so in the spirit of our students, I would like to ask you, who know, directly:

Why 2 references to Norway in PL 1 (203 and 293)? Why are both the foam and the pine Norwegian? Why Norway?

Having two grandparents from Bergen, I ask. JD Fleming

--

J ames Dougal Fleming
Associate Professor

" Upstairs was a room for travelers. ‘You know, I shall take it for the rest of my life,’ Vasili Ivanovich is reported to have said as soon as he had entered it."
-- Vladimir Nabokov, Cloud, Castle, Lake