[Milton-L] A Twist on the Eve Motif?

Horace Jeffery Hodges horacejeffery at gmail.com
Sat Jan 11 14:44:16 EST 2014

Lest there be any confusion, that "Jeffrey" would be me, i.e., "Jeffery."

One scholar who has explored the peach image in Milton's *Paradise
Lost*is Robert Appelbaum, in *Aguecheek's
Beef, Belch's Hiccup, and Other Gastronomic Interjections: Literature,
Culture, and Food Among the Early Moderns*:

http://www.amazon.com/Aguecheeks-Belchs-Hiccup-Gastronomic-Interjections/dp/0226021270

I believe Professor Appelbaum subscribes to this list -- at least, he used
to.

Jeffery Hodges