[Milton-L] SASMARS Call for Papers (Extended)

Leonie Viljoen viljol at telkomsa.net
Mon Feb 17 10:01:16 EST 2014

Southern African Society for
Medieval and Renaissance Studies

22nd International
Biennial Conference

28-31 August 2014, Stellenbosch, South Africa

Call for Papers (Extended)

The Art of Reading in the Middle Ages and Renaissance

Keynote Address: Professor Henry Woudhuysen,
Lincoln College, University of Oxford

Deadline for proposals: 14 March 2014

The Southern African Society for Medieval and Renaissance Studies
promotes scholarly discussion in all disciplines concerned with
Medieval and Renaissance studies.

We invite proposals for papers on any aspect of Medieval and Renaissance
studies addressing the conference theme - with the notion of 'reading'
interpreted as broadly as may be desired. We therefore welcome papers on art
and architecture, manuscripts, marginalia, iconicity, drama, performance,
and any other topic in which the act of reading as interpretation is
involved.

For information about previous conferences, and the conference venue, please
consult the society website: <http://www.sasmarsnewsletter.blogspot.com>.

Please send abstracts and enquiries by email to:
Professor David Scott-Macnab,
Department of English,
University of Johannesburg
dscott-macnab at uj.ac.za