[Milton-L] Manifest contradiction in Milton?

jsavoie at siue.edu jsavoie at siue.edu
Thu Feb 13 10:54:07 EST 2014

Salwa,

With the slight shame of self-promotion I would draw attention to my essay on
Paradise Regained in ELR a decade back (which puzzlingly has not been added to
the MLA database and so perhaps hard to find) which seeks to reconcile the
tension, if not contradiction, in the Son's cultural austerity. The essay is a
bit long; section V, pp. 111-17, most directly addresses the difficulty.

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.0013-8312.2004.00038.x/abstract

Respectfully,

John Savoie
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville