[Milton-L] "Justice for the Serpent" Revived

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 21:25:51 EST 2014

I like the article too -- it seems to balance itself well on a very fine
line.

I read it as dividing and then separately distributing God's curse upon the
serpent, so that the serpent's "punishment" consists in physical
transformations reflected of its corrupted state, while Satan took on the
wrath of God for sin.

Jim R

On Sun, Feb 2, 2014 at 3:49 PM, alan horn <alanshorn at gmail.com> wrote:

> Michael,
>
> You make a clear and thorough argument. I found your discussion of the
> theological background enlightening.
>
> I hope those on this list who were inclined to contest some of these
> points when they were first raised will offer their comments.
>
> Thanks for posting this link.
>
> Alan
>

> On Thu, Jan 30, 2014 at 11:08 AM, J. Michael Gillum <mgillum at ret.unca.edu>wrote:
>
>> Here is a short article by me that maybe will provoke some argument. It
>> is on the open web. I really enjoyed the discussion that Prof. Shoulson
>> started a couple of years ago.
>>
>> http://pachome.org/wp/postscript/?page_id=1014
>>
>> Michael

Dr. James Rovira