[Milton-L] An antidote . . .

Schwartz, Louis lschwart at richmond.edu
Sat Apr 19 16:54:31 EDT 2014

I'm not convinced about "fallacious," either, although I'll reserve final judgement until I've read John Savoie's essay.  And of course the search for puns can go to far, but I'm not sure I see why suggestion of sexual intercourse in sexual "seal" isn't obvious in this context.  It's not there when we're told the Son will seal up Hell, but why not in the Book 9 line?

Louis

Louis Schwartz
Professor of English
University of Richmond