[Milton-L] An antidote . . .

Schwartz, Louis lschwart at richmond.edu
Thu Apr 17 17:43:08 EDT 2014

Yes.  I was actually thinking about the lines from Donne's "Elegy 19:"

To enter in these bonds is to be free;
Then where my hand is set, my seal shall be.

Impressive.

The poem also has some things to say about the difference/no difference between pre and post-lapsarian sex issue.  That's, I think, oddly enough, part of the point of the midwife image that Richard mentioned earlier, but that's another, longer discussion.

Louis

Louis Schwartz
Professor of English
English Department