[Milton-L] An antidote . . .

Richard A. Strier rastrier at uchicago.edu
Thu Apr 17 12:18:37 EDT 2014

Dear Professor Fleming,

Please elaborate on what you see as the challenge "that PL presents to received ideas about sexuality and morality."  I find this intriguing.  Is it the idea that happy and fully consummated sex is a good thing, and not a sign of fallenness?  (As far as I know, M is the ONLY writer in world history who explicitly presented consummated sex before the fall -- as a fact, not a possibility -- and an ongoing sex-life as unfallen.)

RS