[Milton-L] assumptions about the fruit, a question for john leonard

Margaret Thickstun mthickst at hamilton.edu
Mon Apr 14 15:04:16 EDT 2014

Yes, but also focused on fulfilling one's responsibility to be fruitful
and multiply, so that the expression of love for the partner includes
gratitude toward God for the gift of this relationship: "the crown of
all our bliss, ordained by thee."

Seriously, everyone should read John Savoie's "'That Fallacious Fruit'"
in MQ October 2011. I did not, did not, did not want to accept his
argument (it was too embarrassing for this middle-aged married lady),
but it's brilliant.--Margie

--
Margaret Thickstun
Jane Watson Irwin Professor of English