[Milton-L] assumptions about the fruit, a question for john leonard

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Mon Apr 14 14:42:04 EDT 2014

Richard A. Strier: To open up another can of worms, I have never thought
that there was any real difference between pre and post sex, even though m
obviously wanted there to be.  There was dalliance and desireful looks
before.  Thank God.

---------

I think I've mentioned this before. Aers & Hodge in a 1979 _Milton Studies_
essay
suggested that the sex in Book IV was essentially more obscene, that in
Book IX less so. I think they quote one of their students (a woman)
saying of Book IX, "But that's the way I _like_ it."

Carrol