[Milton-L] assumptions about the fruit, a question for john leonard

Michael Gillum mgillum at unca.edu
Fri Apr 11 15:43:09 EDT 2014

I guess no one has laid out Greg's implied argument. This is how I
understand it:

"So easily obeyed amid the tastes / Of all fruits else." A&E have the
choice of all flavors different from the flavor of the forbidden fruit. If
there were multiple trees of the FF kind bearing the same fruit, they would
taste the same as the FF, and so would be forbidden.  However, we know that
God singled out one particular tree for prohibition, the one growing next
to the Tree of Life. Therefore, it seems that there are not multiple
specimens of that kind.

I haven't figured out what Greg thinks would be Black's last move.
--Michael G.