[Milton-L] obedience to your creator

JD Fleming jfleming at sfu.ca
Thu Apr 10 15:39:21 EDT 2014

But lo! A wonder. Yes. jdf

----- Original Message -----

From: "Matthew Jordan" <matthewjorda at gmail.com>
To: "John Milton Discussion List" <milton-l at lists.richmond.edu>
Sent: Thursday, 10 April, 2014 12:20:55
Subject: Re: [Milton-L] obedience to your creator

Oh, I was simply transposing Carroll's phrase - though I took it to imply something like a "philosophical" claim. On your substantive point, I very much agree - that's why I noted that Milton would probably have been pleased that he'd given rise to a discussion veering between "text" and "contexts" of varying sizes...