[Milton-L] obedience to your creator

Matthew Jordan matthewjorda at gmail.com
Thu Apr 10 15:17:52 EDT 2014

Levinas and "the last Kantian in Germany," for what it's worth...

The sole gesture of warmth he and fellow prisoners experienced was from a
dog who, for a few weeks before the guards disposed of it, appreciated
their company and barked in welcome when they returned each evening after
their labour. Levinas called the dog "the last Kantian in Germany''.