[Milton-L] obedience

Carol Barton, Ph.D., CPCM cbartonphd1 at verizon.net
Tue Apr 8 13:12:31 EDT 2014

Yes again: I didn't mean that Adam and Eve didn't understand the reason for the test; just not the reason for it involving that particular Fruit of that particular Tree. (The Serpent is the one who thinks it's "suspicious, reasonless"--but regardless of his cynicism concerning the motivation for the test, he without question understands its consequences in ways that prelapsarian Adam and Eve do not.)