[Milton-L] had removd one more

alan horn alanshorn at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 12:53:12 EDT 2014

> you claimed that "only Pelagians" would fail to place Milton's emphasis on
> this doctrine. I would certainly be interested to see passages from period
> Catholic authorities that support your claim.

Check Luis de Molina. From the Catholic Encyclopedia: "Molinism escaped
every suspicion of Pelagianism by laying down at the outset that the soul
with its faculties (the intellect and will) must be first constituted by
prevenient grace a supernatural principle of operation in actu primo,
before it can, in conjunction with the help of the supernatural concursus
of God, elicit a salutary act in actu secundo...."