[Milton-L] prevenient (was crucifixion)

JD Fleming jfleming at sfu.ca
Sun Apr 6 21:03:04 EDT 2014

Professor Danielson, nice to hear from you. I think my responses are pretty much in my previous post. The opening of 11 wd appear to provide the theory for everything we see in 10. Perhaps I will simply add that it really seems a fallacy of historicism to suppose that just because we can find period sources asserting that a given conundrum isn't one, it isn't a conundrum. If we looked back at the history of the DDR, for example, I'm sure we would find many quite impressive authorities asserting that even though East German citizens who wished to travel internationally had to apply for exit visas and passports that would almost certainly be denied, that didn't mean they weren't free to travel. Similarly, etc. JD Fleming