[Milton-L] human intellectual & moral capacity

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 15:45:36 EDT 2014

I'm more interested in the reasoning than the fact: does it matter that
Eve's sin is somehow lesser than Satan's, or for that matter, why does it
matter at all that there was an element of deceit in Eve's fall and none
whatsoever in Satan's? If grace is undeserved, Satan's sin being either
worse or somehow different without being worse shouldn't matter. If Adam
and Eve can only repent because of God's prior act, why doesn't God so act
upon Satan? He doesn't deserve it? That's not grace, then.

I think we need to wrap our heads around the idea that worthiness before
God (though not people) is an absolute quality: the difference between
being worthy and unworthy is infinite because it is qualitative. It's like
an on/off switch -- all or nothing.

Jim R