[Milton-L] crucifixion

Carol Barton, Ph.D., CPCM cbartonphd1 at verizon.net
Sun Apr 6 15:15:06 EDT 2014

No, but see my earlier post (which acknowledges that). Eve was confused by the Serpent's (Satan's) sophistry, and she had no reason to suspect the Serpent (not previously menacing) of seeking to harm her. She began the encounter by emulating Jesus in PR (himself at first given pause by the Old Man's injunction that surely God would not see anything wrong in his feeding the hungry)--but the Son-in-Jesus knows that anything contrary to what the Father has told him must be wrong, no matter how right it seems. Again--Eve is not Satan's intellectual match, and neither are we (a warning not to engage temptation by falling for attractive arguments contrary to what we know God's commandments to be, because no matter what seems, they must of necessity be specious).