[Milton-L] "Dumdown Award" for parallel edition of PL -what the hell?

Nancy Charlton charltonwordorder1 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 16:38:47 EDT 2014

I have a "Milton" app on my iPhone, and it is very legible but some parts have misspellings that would be errors in any version. Still, it's nice to have for a 20-minute commute.

Last fall I had some business at the police headquarters, and I had to wait forever. I exhausted my email and Poem Flow and Poetry Daily and started PL. Out loud.  I went to the desk to ask the receptionist when, if ever, i could see the officer, and explained what I was doing. She said she'd like to hear some, so I read Bk I:1-300+-  and everyone in the place was listening with delight, even some non-English speakers. Really offset the dolorous business I came for, which involved a case of bank fraud which cleaned me out.

So the phone app is nice, but it would be even nicer if it had line numbers.

Nancy Charlton

Sent from my iPhone