[Milton-L] Under a Platan (PL 4.478)

Horace Jeffery Hodges horacejeffery at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 08:50:12 EDT 2014

The word "apple" still had a very broad meaning in the 17th century,
including fruits we would never consider apples, and when Eve brings the
fruit to Adam, it is described as "downy."

Jeffery Hodges

Ewha Womans University
Seoul, South Korea

Novella: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E18KW0K (*The Bottomless Bottle of
Beer*)

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Bottomless-Bottle-of-Beer/204064649770035
 (*The Bottomless Bottle of Beer*)

Blog: http://gypsyscholarship.blogspot.com/ (*Gypsy Scholar*)

Doctoral Thesis: "Food as Synecdoche in the Gospel of John and Gnostic
Texts"

Ph.D., History, U.C. Berkeley
M.A., History of Science, U.C. Berkeley

Home Address: