[Milton-L] "Dumdown Award" for parallel edition of PL -what the hell?

JCarl Bellinger dionhalic at gmail.com
Tue Apr 1 03:29:59 EDT 2014

Comparing the DUMDOWN text with the Dartmouth Reading Room text it's clear
just from the first few lines that Dimdown's is not derived from
Dartmouth's. No way the Damdung clan is going to restore Milton's initial
caps on man's&first&disobedience nor remove the "e" from taste.
It's the (to me) remarkable apparent fidelity to 1674 that is puzzling me.
Obviously Milton's use of italics to mark certain classes of words is gone,
but in what other wayes :-) does it differ?
-Carl