[Milton-L] another book request

Brendan Prawdzik brendanprawdzik at gmail.com
Sun Sep 29 15:00:23 EDT 2013

Dear Angelica,

I like Angus Fletcher's recent *Time, Space, and Motion in the Age of
Shakespeare* (Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press, 2007), as it does
just that: connect developments of the new sciences to passions ("motions")
and early modern subjectivity.

I've also recently written a review (soon to appear in *The Seventeenth
Century*) of Susan McClary, Ed., *Structures of Feeling in
Seventeenth-Century Cultural Expression* (Toronto, Toronto University
Press, 2013), which has a few good essays that speak to that focus (though
it skews rather strongly toward musicology and contains essays with mixed
quality, but a good volume nonetheless).

Best,

Brendan