[Milton-L] textbook suggestions? literature of the English civil wars

Sara van den Berg vandens at slu.edu
Thu Sep 26 19:29:29 EDT 2013

You might consider including The Grand Quarrel: Women's Memoirs of the
English Civil War, edited by Roger Hudson.  This anthology includes memoirs
by Lucy Hutchinson, Margaret Cavendish, Anne Halkett, Anne Fanshawe, Alice
Thornton, and Brilliana Harley.  Another possibility would be Her Own Life:
Autobiographical Writings by 17th-century Englishwomen, edited by Elspeth
Graham et al.  That includes selections by Anna Trapnel, Hannah Allen,
Quaker women, and others.

Sara van den Berg

On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 2:17 PM, Brendan Prawdzik <brendanprawdzik at gmail.com