[Milton-L] Scansion of line X

Richard A. Strier rastrier at uchicago.edu
Tue Sep 17 16:11:32 EDT 2013

It's a wonderful fact -- one with which I have had long and rich experience -- that scansion, which one might think would be the most cut and dried part of literary/poetic analysis always turns out to be interestingly contentious, theoretical, and personal.  If one has a taste for the topic -- which I do, and Professor Fleming may not -- the contention and discussion is part of the fun of the whole thing.  Who would've thought?  I can hardly wait to discuss another line!

RS