[Milton-L] MLA Division Structure Discussion

Hannibal Hamlin hamlin.hannibal at gmail.com
Fri Sep 13 08:36:46 EDT 2013

Dear Jameela,

Just for clarification, and thinking of Bob's honest question, is it really
true that this proposed reorganization would jeopardize Milton panels at
MLA? I pose this honestly (naively?) myself. To what extent has the current
panel structure helped Milton panels in the past, or do these panels get
organized, selected largely independently? I have other objections to the
reperiodization proposed, but I guess I'm wondering actual practical
implications in terms of MLA business. I suppose I'd best have a look at
the Commons discussion too! Ah well.

Hannibal

On Fri, Sep 13, 2013 at 7:34 AM, Jameela Lares <jameela.lares at usm.edu>wrote:

> Bob,
>
> Thanks for your post.  If you care about Milton, then yes, you should care
> that the chance of his being at discussed/celebrated in MLA panels might
> effectively be cut in half.
>
> Jameela Lares
> Professor of English
> The University of Southern Mississippi
> 118 College Drive, #5037
> Hattiesburg, MS  39406-0001
> 601 266-4319 ofc
> 601 266-5757 fax

Hannibal Hamlin
Associate Professor of English
Author of *The Bible in Shakespeare*, now available through all good
bookshops, or direct from Oxford University Press at
http://ukcatalogue.oup.com/product/9780199677610.do
Editor, *Reformation*
The Ohio State University
164 West 17th Ave., 421 Denney Hall