[Milton-L] Bk 3 and Jeffrey Shoulson's link

Schwartz, Louis lschwart at richmond.edu
Sun Oct 27 18:58:44 EDT 2013

That's a real question.  This may seem like a facile answer, but i think it's there to increase the sense of irony.  It's also there because we expect it to be.  What we don't expect is what happens--not to mention what they actors look like and how they behave.

Louis

Louis Schwartz
Professor of English
University of Richmond