[Milton-L] new from saint-exupery press: the improved paradise lost

Richard A. Strier rastrier at uchicago.edu
Sat Oct 26 15:31:59 EDT 2013

Nahum Tate's /King Lear/ is very much worth reading.  It should NOT be a laughing-stock.  The happy ending is not its point.  See the last chapter of /Resistant Structures/ for a reading of the play in its historical context (1683) as an  interesting political drama, one that extends some of the radical implications of Sh's play in intelligent ways.

Best,
RS