[Milton-L] Bk 3

John K Leonard jleonard at uwo.ca
Sat Oct 26 09:00:19 EDT 2013

I meant the sobriquet, Richard, not the argument. You are a fearless scholar and critic, but the standards of what passes for courage in the academic world are too low for any of us, even your good self, to stake claim to 'Couer de Lion'. If any Miltonist could claim that proud honour, it could only be that other courageous Richard, 'slashing Bentley'.