[Milton-L] Translation of On the Morning of Christ´s Nativity into Icelandic

Ingibjorg Elsa Bjornsdottir ieb at simnet.is
Fri Oct 25 16:53:34 EDT 2013

Dear Miltonists,

I just made a serious promise this evening. I promised to translate
Milton´s On the Morning of Christ´s Nativity
into Icelandic, my mother tongue. I love this poem. It is one of my
absolute favorites.

I sincerely look forward to the task. If you want - I can send you the
Icelandic translation when it is finished,
so that you can enjoy it (who knows - if you know ancient languages/olde
English you might understand).

I will finish the task before 24th December and the poem will be read by
an actress in a Christmas meeting
for the blind here in Iceland.

Just wanted to let you know. To my knowledge this poem has not been
translated before into Icelandic.

Kindest regards from a frosty southern Iceland.

--
Ingibjörg Elsa Björnsdóttir M.A.
Brandugla slf. translations