[Milton-L] oops, I forgot one

J. Michael Gillum mgillum at ret.unca.edu
Thu Oct 24 12:43:17 EDT 2013

Regarding the judgements of our era, contemporary readers are accustomed to
slippages in the mode of representation (CQ in *Lolita*, for example).
Maybe that's why I can enjoy the allegorical passages in PL while Johnson
could not.

I'm all for readers making judgements. But if we are taking the razor to
PL, I would start with big chunks of books 6, 11, and 12.