[Milton-L] improving paradise lost

Schwartz, Louis lschwart at richmond.edu
Wed Oct 23 19:54:50 EDT 2013

I agree that loss of this particular resonance, and it's complex world of implications, would be one of the more significant losses.

Also, for what it's worth, we'd be losing two female characters, since Night would go as well (she's at least notionally or figuratively female).  Chaos could still be called a womb, though, especially given that it wouldn't also have to be a male Anarch.  And there's the moon, I suppose....

Louis

Louis Schwartz
Professor of English
University of Richmond