[Milton-L] Samson Agonistes performed Oct 14th in NYC

David Urban dvu2 at calvin.edu
Wed Oct 9 13:57:48 EDT 2013

Interesting that they say that Samson "faces God in this lyrical, violent
epic."

How does that description sit with those who argue that a (the?) main
point of *Samson Agonistes* is God's absence?

(Of course, they also call Milton's drama an "epic," and it's debatable if
it's "violent," given that no physical violence takes place on stage.)

In any event, an interesting description, albeit of debatable accuracy.

David V. Urban, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of English
Calvin College
1795 Knollcrest Circle SE