[Milton-L] Bible: The Poetically Revised Versions

Richard A. Strier rastrier at uchicago.edu
Thu Jun 27 02:16:18 EDT 2013

It seems to me that this list has become, recently, a vehicle for the expression of Mr. Rivarossa's various interests and enthusiasms.  I have no particular opinion on these, but I do not think that this is what the list is intended to be.  I would urge those who are interested in Milton scholarship to raise questions and issues about Milton's writings, life, and the scholarship thereon on the list, since that, I take it, is what the list is for.

No disrespect for Mr. Rivarossa is intended.

Richard Strier
Sulzberger Distinguished Service Professor
Editor, Modern Philology
Department of English
University of Chicago
1115 E. 58th St.