[Milton-L] Harry Potter and Christ Church???

James Rovira jamesrovira at gmail.com
Tue Jul 30 17:10:23 EDT 2013

Ha... the Harry Potter signs around Christ Church Oxford that I saw when I
visited in 2002 were quite amusing. They've graduated luminaries in all
fields of knowledge for the last 500 years but they're most proud of being
the set for Harry Potter films... and a highly CGI modified set on top of
that.

Jim R

On Tue, Jul 30, 2013 at 5:04 PM, Salwa Khoddam <skhoddam at cox.net> wrote:

> **
> Carol,
> Thanks for this very interesting information. I believe one guide told us
> when we toured Christ Church in 2008 (or maybe before) of the Great Hall as
> the original for the replica used in the Potter films and about the
> staircase leading to it. Also that certain parts of the campus were used
> for Chariots of Fire. Dim memories from the past.
> Best,
> Salwa
> Salwa Khoddam PhD
> Professor of English Emerita