[Milton-L] "Fortune" in Renaissance literature

Sara van den Berg vandens at slu.edu
Sun Jul 28 16:08:27 EDT 2013

Milton discusses Fortuna in ch. 5 of The Art of Logic.  A glance at the
prose concordance shows that he used the term Fortune repeatedly, but not
necessarily in a conceptual discussion.  Sometimes he would say, for
example, that someone decided "to try his fortune." He refers somewhat
sardonically to the wheel of fortune in Ready and Easy Way.

Sara van den Berg