[Milton-L] "Fortune" in Renaissance literature

Michael Gillum mgillum at unca.edu
Sun Jul 28 11:18:11 EDT 2013

So Lewis's Hermit claims that there is no such thing as Fortune (luck or
chance), rather all events are providential, but God works in a mysterious
way etc. I must say I prefer the view that Boccaccio shared with Milton.

On Sun, Jul 28, 2013 at 10:06 AM, Dario Rivarossa <dario.rivarossa at gmail.com