[Milton-L] Utterly Off Topic . . .

Watt, James jwatt at butler.edu
Thu Jul 25 11:24:43 EDT 2013

Thank you, Jeffery.

I should have remembered that "Johannine" refers to the Evangelist and only secondarily to the prophet. But the influence on the original Window (of which we have no record other than the one of its hasty removal) was definitely prophetic in origin, specifically owing to Joachim of Fiore's speculations about the imminent arrival of the Age of the Spirit.

Thanks for your reply anyway & I'm sorry to have sent you on an internet goose-chase, although you did get to look at the replacement window ;)

jim