[Milton-L] Utterly Off Topic . . .

Watt, James jwatt at butler.edu
Wed Jul 24 17:30:15 EDT 2013

Congratulations Jeffery, or, more properly congratulations to your daughter. If I were still teaching Milton, I'd have been sure to include on my syllabus the fact that learning it might lead you to win a trip to the other side of the world.

Johannine theology!  Yes. What's your general 'take' (in a couple of paragraphs). I'm interested b/c I think it probably influenced the 'program' of stained glass windows in the Sainte Chapelle. (Esp. the Western Rose [which, after Louis's embarrassing failure in the Holy Land, was expunged.)

Jim Watt
Prof. Emeritus
Butler University
now in Durango CO (no. not the University)

jwatt at butler.edu