[Milton-L] Areopagitica in Hebrew

Shoulson, Jeffrey jeffrey.shoulson at uconn.edu
Wed Jul 10 09:39:26 EDT 2013

Dear Colleagues,

I was delighted to find in today's mail a freshly minted copy of Shalem Press's edition of Areopagitica translated into Hebrew.

This handsome volume was translated by Aviad Shtir and comes with 60 pp. introduction (also in Hebrew) by William Kolbrener.  I've only just begun making my way through it, but I am confident it is as impressive as the rest of Bill's ground-breaking scholarship.

This is an extraordinary achievement, making Milton's seminal text available for the first time to Hebrew speakers and, with the help of Bill's learned introduction, situating the text within its extensive and complex intellectual, religious, and political contexts.

http://www.shalempress.co.il/catalog/product.asp?id=170

Congratulations to Bill (who, I suspect, is too modest to let the list know on his own).

Best wishes,

Jeffrey

Jeffrey Shoulson, Ph.D.
Doris and Simon Konover Chair of Judaic Studies
Director, Center for Judaic Studies and Contemporary Jewish Life
Professor of Literatures, Cultures, and Languages and Professor of English
University of Connecticut
Thomas Dodd Research Center
405 Babbidge Road Unit 1205
Storrs, CT 06269

Tel:  860-486-2271
Fax:  860-486-6332
Mobile:  305-742-6973

http://languages.uconn.edu/faculty/details.php?id=281
http://www.judaicstudies.uconn.edu

Fictions of Conversion, out in March 2013
http://www.upenn.edu/pennpress/book/15101.html