[Milton-L] Milton's Eldest Daughter

ghmcloone at earthlink.net ghmcloone at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 8 10:56:47 EDT 2013

Dave,

You have probably already looked here, but in his biography of Milton (the original 1968 edition), Parker cites Phillips (Darbishire's edition) and "court proceedings incident to Milton's oral will on Anne's disability."  Parker also speculates interestingly that Anne "was a retarded child" as well as physically disabled.  He does not cite any comments from Milton himself  (Parker,Vol. II, 936, n. 61).  Anyway,I had the biography at hand.

All best,

George